- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- spring onions, finely sliced - 8
- garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped - 2
- cherry tomatoes - 100g
- carrot, peeled and finely diced - 1
- celery sticks, finely diced - 2
- green beans, trimmed and cut into 2cm lengths - 100g
- dried risotto rice - 350g
- finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves - 1 tsp
- boiling hot vegetable stock - 1.5 litres
- courgettes, finely diced - 2
- fresh or frozen peas - 200g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Spray a large saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Cook the spring onions and garlic for 1-2 minutes and then add the tomatoes, carrots, celery and green beans and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the rice and rosemary leaves and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
Pour in half of the stock and leave to cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
Add the rest of the stock and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the courgettes and peas and cook for another 5-6 minutes, stirring until the rice is just tender, but the mixture is still a bit saucy.
Season well, stir in the parsley and serve immediately.