- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- turkey breast steaks - 4
- Low calorie cooking spray
- chicken stock - 115ml
- vine tomatoes, roughly chopped - 400g
- yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into 1cm cubes - 2
- tomato purée - 1 level tbsp
- dried oregano - 1 tsp
- dried chilli flakes - 1/2 tsp
- mozzarella, sliced - 180g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh basil leaves
- A large green salad, to serve
Put each turkey breast steak between 2 sheets of cling film, flatten with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm thick and then remove the cling film.
Place a large frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a medium heat.
Add the turkey steaks, 1 or 2 at a time if necessary, and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and golden brown.
Remove from the pan, transfer to a large grill rack, cover and set aside until needed.
Add the chicken stock to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until reduced.
Stir in the vine tomatoes, peppers, tomato purée, oregano and chilli flakes and cook for 4-5 minutes.
Preheat your grill to medium.
Spoon the tomato mixture onto the turkey breasts and then top with mozzarella slices.
Season, then grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling.
Garnish with chopped parsley and basil leaves and serve with a large green salad.