Red Pepper and Cherry Tomato Tian without compromising on flavor
- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- large eggs, separated - 5
- whole eggs - 2
- cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered - 12
- whole bottled roasted red pepper in brine, drained and roughly chopped - 1
- shelled fresh or frozen garden peas - 200g
- soft Welsh goats’ cheese, crumbled - 110g
- basil leaves, finely shredded - 15g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
In a large bowl, lightly beat together the 5 egg yolks and 2 whole eggs.
In a separate clean bowl, use an electric whisk to beat the egg whites until stiff.
Add the whites to the yolks and fold together carefully, keeping it light and fluffy.
Fold in half of the cherry tomatoes, half the red pepper, half the peas, half the cheese and the basil.
Preheat the grill to high.
Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the egg mixture to the pan and spread evenly.
Cook for about 5 minutes until golden underneath. Scatter over the remaining ingredients, then place the pan under the grill and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Remove from the grill, and when cool, cut into wedges or squares and pack up in containers and take with you on your day out.