Easy to make in under 30 minutes.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- small onions, finely chopped - 2
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- cumin seeds - 2 tsp
- rice, basmati or long-grain - 225g
- boiling vegetable stock - 550ml
- small courgette, cut into ½cm cubes - 1
- chickpeas, drained - 1/2 can
- frozen peas - 150g
- salmon fillet, cut into 2cm pieces - 350-400g
- chopped fresh basil - 4 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C Fan/Gas 6.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and add the onion, turmeric and cumin seeds, cook for 3-4 minutes to soften.
Add the rice, stock, courgettes, chickpeas and frozen peas.
Season well with salt and pepper, and then bring to the boil, stirring continuously.
Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for 15 minutes in the oven, or until the rice is cooked and the water absorbed.
Once cooked, remove the lid and stir in the salmon and basil.
Re-cover and leave for 10 minutes out of the oven, covered with a tea towel.
Fluff up with a spoon or fork, the fish will be perfectly cooked.