- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 60 minutes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- leeks, finely sliced - 8
- garlic cloves, peeled and crushed - 4
- red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped - 2
- bottled roasted red peppers in brine/vinegar, drained and finely chopped - 800g
- drained canned sweetcorn kernels - 600g
- eggs, beaten - 15
- Parmesan cheese grated - 100g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A large handful of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray. Add the leeks cover and cook over a low heat for around 15 minutes, stirring often, until the leeks are tender.
Add the garlic, red chillies, peppers and sweetcorn and stir fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes.
Divide this mixture between three shallow baking trays, each about 30 x 20 x 5cm and lined with baking parchment. Spread out to cover the base evenly.
Beat the eggs in a large bowl with the Parmesan cheese. Season well and stir in the chopped parsley.
Pour this mixture over the vegetables in the prepared baking trays.
Place in the oven and bake for around 40 minutes or until the eggs have set and the top is golden brown.
Leave to stand for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bite sized squares and serve warm or at room temperature.