This is a low-Syn Greek-style recipe!
- large aubergine, cut into 1 cm thick slices - 1
- large onion, finely chopped
- garlic cloves, chopped - 2
- Quorn Mince - 350g pack
- tomato puree - 2 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes - 400g can
- freshly chopped parsley - 1 tbsp
- eggs, beaten - 2
- fat free natural yogurt - 500g
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
Place the aubergine slices onto a clean paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
Leave for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water and dry.
Meanwhile, dry fry the onion, garlic and Quorn Mince in a large heavy based saucepan.
Add the tomato purée, canned tomatoes and parsley and simmer for approximately 30 minutes until tender.
Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish.
Beat the eggs and yogurt together in a bowl and season to taste.
Place the aubergine slices on a grill pan and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
Place under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes each side.
Arrange the aubergine on top of the Quorn mixture and pour the yogurt and egg mixture over.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4 for 20-30 minutes until golden brown.