- Cook Time : 02h 00min
- Low calorie cooking spray
- lean pork fillet, visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized pieces - 1kg
- onions, roughly chopped - 3
- large carrots, roughly chopped - 2
- plain flour - 1 level tbsp
- boiling chicken stock - 600 ml
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- red peppers, deseeded and quartered - 2
- yellow peppers, deseeded and quartered - 2
- green cabbage, thickly sliced - 1/4
- rosemary sprigs - 2
- large potatoes, peeled and cut into thick slices - 800g
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C Fan/Gas 3.
Spray a large non-stick ovenproof casserole pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. In batches, add the pork and cook for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Turn the heat to medium, add the onions to the same pan and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until softened, adding a little water if they start to stick.
Stir in the carrots and cook for 1 minute, then add the flour and cook for 1 minute to soak up the juices.
Gradually add the stock, stir until smooth and season to taste.
Stir in the peppers, cabbage and pork and add the rosemary sprigs.
Overlap the potato slices on top and spray with low calorie cooking
spray. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook near the top of the oven for 1 hour.
Remove the lid, lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray and cook uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden.