Enjoy your meal with a traditional cup of sake
- dried soba noodles - 400g
- Low calorie cooking spray
- firm tofu - 400g
- piece root ginger, peeled and grated - 2 cm
- spring onions, diagonally sliced into 2cm lengths - 4
- red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped - 1
- red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced - 2
- shiitake mushrooms, stalks removed, thickly sliced - 400g
- cornflour - 1 level tbsp
- dark soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- oyster sauce - 2 level tbsp
- vegetable stock - 250 ml
- baby pak choi, halved or quartered - 100g
Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, spray a wok or frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the tofu and fry, in batches, for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
Wipe the pan with kitchen paper and lightly re-spray with low calorie cooking spray.
Add the ginger, spring onions, red chilli, peppers and mushrooms and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons of water and add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and stock. Add to the wok and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, return the tofu to the wok with the pak choi and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
To serve, divide the noodles between four bowls and spoon over the mushroom and tofu mixture.