- Cook Time : 30 minutes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- large onion, finely chopped - 1
- garlic cloves, crushed - 2
- piece fresh ginger, grated - 1cm
- ground cumin - 2 tsp
- ground coriander - 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon - 2 tsp
- turmeric - 1 tsp
- dried chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- chopped tomatoes - 400g can
- carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces - 2
- courgettes, cut into bite-size pieces - 2
- red pepper, deseeded and cut into bite-size pieces - 1
- butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces - 300g
- vegetable stock - 255ml
- dried couscous - 300g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onion and stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic, ginger, spices, chilli flakes, vegetables and stock.
Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, place the couscous in a large, heat-proof container.
Season and pour over boiling water just to cover.
Cover with a lid and allow to stand for 10-12 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove the lid and fluff up the grains with a fork.
Stir through the chopped herbs. Serve with the stew.