- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- shallots, peeled and finely chopped - 4
- garlic cloves, peeled and crushed - 2
- celery sticks, cut into 1cm dice - 2
- large carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces - 1
- red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1cm pieces
- dried mixed herbs - 1 tsp
- finely chopped fresh basil - 8 tbsp
- chopped tomatoes - 400g can
- sun-dried tomato purée - 2 level tbsp
- short-shaped pasta - 100g
- vegetable stock - 200ml
- borlotti beans, drained - 400g can
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Basil leaves, to garnish
Place the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper in a saucepan and stir-fry over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add the dried herbs, chopped basil, tomatoes, tomato purée, pasta and stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat to low, cover and allow to cook gently for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the pasta is cooked.
Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
Season well, remove from the heat and garnish with basil leaves just before serving.