- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- skinless duck breasts - 3 x 175g
- Chinese five-spice powder - 4 tsp
- Szechuan peppercorns, coarsely ground - 1 tbsp
- ground star anise - 1 tsp
- dark soy sauce - 6 tbsp
- sesame oil - 1 tsp
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Chinese rice flour pancakes - 8
- plum sauce - 8 level tsp
- bunch spring onions, finely shredded - 1
- cucumber, halved lengthways, deseeded and cut into strips - 1/2
Place the duck breasts in a ceramic bowl in a single layer.
Mix the five-spice powder, peppercorns, star anise, soy sauce and sesame oil together in a bowl.
Pour this mixture over the duck, cover and marinate for 8 hours or overnight if time permits.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
Spray the duck lightly with low calorie cooking spray. Heat a large frying pan until hot and sear the duck breasts for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
Remove the duck from the oven, thinly slice the flesh and place in a warmed dish.
Warm the pancakes according to the packet instructions.
To assemble, spread 1 teaspoon of plum sauce on to each pancake and top with the spring onions, cucumber and duck. Carefully wrap the pancakes around the filling and eat immediately.