This tasty recipe is perfect for a party or family dinners
- Prep Time : 30 minutes
- Cook Time : 01h 30min
- Low calorie cooking spray
- onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced - 4
- large courgettes, thinly sliced - 3
- bottle roasted peppers in brine/vinegar, drained and finely chopped - 300g
- large eggs - 12
- garlic cloves, peeled and crushed - 2
- tomato purée - 4 tbsp
- dried mixed herbs - 2 tsp
- reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated - 200g
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas 4.
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and sauté the onions over a medium-low heat for around 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Transfer to a wide bowl and set aside.
Wipe the frying pan with kitchen paper and re-spray with low calorie cooking spray.
Place over a medium heat, add the courgette and stir-fry for around 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Remove from the heat and add to the onions along with the roasted red peppers.
Beat the eggs with the garlic, tomato purée, dried herbs and three quarters of the cheese.
Lightly spray a round, ceramic deep pie dish (about 30cm across) with low calorie cooking spray.
Put the onions, courgettes and red peppers in the prepared dish and pour over the egg mixture.
Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes until almost set.
Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and return to the oven for another 15 minutes or until lightly browned on top and just set.
Remove from the oven and serve warm or at room temperature, cut into wedges.