One of the favorite British recipes
- Cook Time : 45 minutes
- Juice of 1 lime
- fat free natural yogurt - 150g
- tikka curry powder - 5 tbsp
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces - 4
- Low calorie cooking spray
- onion, grated - 1
- garlic cloves, crushed - 4
- piece of root ginger, peeled and grated - 2cm
- red chilli, deseeded and chopped - 1
- ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- ground cumin - 1 tsp
- tomato purée - 6 tbsp
- fat free natural fromage frais - 5 tbsp
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
In a large dish, mix together the lime juice, yogurt and 3 tablespoons of the tikka curry powder.
Season well, then add the chicken and toss to coat well. Marinate in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight if time permits.
When you’re ready to cook, preheat the grill to medium.
Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, cinnamon, cumin and remaining tikka curry powder and fry for 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the tomato purée and 250ml of water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring often.
Meanwhile, thread the chicken pieces on to metal skewers, spray with low calorie cooking spray and grill for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through, turning occasionally.
Remove the chicken from the skewers and stir into the sauce.
Take the sauce off the heat, stir in the fromage frais and scatter over the coriander.
Serve hot with rice of your choice.