- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- onion, finely chopped - 1
- chicken thigh fillets, cut into bite-size chunks - 450g
- Quorn sausages, sliced - 6
- red, 1 green and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped - 1
- courgettes, roughly chopped - 2
- dried thyme - 2
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- chopped tomatoes - 400g can
- long grain rice - 250g
- Chicken Stock - 450ml
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Heat a large pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray.
Add the onion and fry for 10 minutes to soften.
Stir in the chicken and Quorn sausages and carry on cooking over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add the peppers, courgettes, thyme, lemon zest, chopped tomatoes, rice and stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
Leave the jambalaya in the pan for a few minutes to soak up any remaining liquid.
Serve sprinkled with some freshly chopped parsley.