Classic and health brunch!
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- large skinless and boneless chicken breasts - 4
- Low calorie cooking spray
- lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into thick strips - 8
- Parmesan cheese, grated - 30g
- Little Gem lettuces, leaves separated, or 1 large cos lettuce, leaves torn into large pieces
- cherry tomatoes, halved - 200g
- For the Dressing
- fat free natural fromage frais - 200g
- garlic clove, crushed - 1
- mustard - 1 tsp
- juice of 1 lemon
Preheat the grill to medium-high.
Season the chicken, lightly spray with low calorie cooking spray and grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Remove from the grill and shred or slice thickly.
Meanwhile, spray a heavy frying pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the bacon strips and fry gently over a medium heat.
When crisp, remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Whisk all the dressing ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Stir in half the Parmesan and season well.
Place the lettuce leaves and tomatoes in a bowl and toss with half of the dressing to coat thoroughly.
Scatter over the chicken and bacon and finish with the remaining dressing and Parmesan, plus a good grinding of black pepper.
Cool, cover and chill until you’re ready to eat.