Brunch Bake English breakfast
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Desirée potatoes, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes - 300g
- Low calorie cooking spray
- lean bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, cut into 2cm pieces - 100g
- Sainsbury’s Be Good to Yourself Extra Lean Cumberland Sausages, each chopped into 3 pieces - 4
- onion, peeled and sliced into thick rings - 1
- button mushrooms, halved - 200g
- large eggs, lightly beaten - 8
- very finely chopped fresh parsley - 6 tbsp
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- midi plum tomatoes, halved or quartered - 200g
- reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated - 25g
Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes or until just tender.
Drain well and set aside.
Meanwhile spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the bacon, sausages, onion rings and mushrooms and stir-fry for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add the potatoes to the mixture and stir to mix well.
Whisk the eggs with the chopped parsley and season well.
Pour this over the potato mixture, scatter over the tomatoes and cook over a gentle heat for 8-10 minutes or until the base is set.
Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a preheated hot grill for 4-5 minutes or until lightly golden and set.
Cut into thick wedges and serve.