- Cook Time : 50 minutes
- red onion, sliced - 1
- Low calorie cooking spray
- lean rump steak - 500g
- red pepper, deseeded and chopped - 1
- madras curry powder - 1 tbsp
- tomato puree - 2 level tbsp
- medium butternut squash - 1
- mushrooms, halved - 250g
- beef stock - 275g
- dried basmati rice - 200g
- fat free natural yogurt - 150g
- Freshly chopped coriander
Cook the onion in low calorie cooking spray for 10 minutes.
Cut the steak into strips, add to the pan with the red peppers and cook, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the curry powder and tomato puree and mix well.
Peel and chop the squash and stir into the pan with the mushrooms, pour in the stock and bring to the boil.
Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water for 10 minutes and drain.
Serve the curry drizzled with yogurt, scattered with coriander and rice on the side.