Spicy vegetarian chilli that everybody will love
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- shallots, peeled and finely chopped - 4
- garlic cloves, peeled and crushed - 2
- celery sticks, cut into 1.5cm dice - 2
- large carrot, peeled and cut into 1.5cm pieces - 1
- red pepper, deseeded and cut into 1.5cm pieces - 1
- dried mixed herbs, ground cumin, ground cinnamon and chilli powder - 1 tsp each
- chopped tomatoes - 400g can
- vegetable stock - 200ml
- black-eyed beans in water, drained - 400g can
- red kidney beans in chilli sauce - 400g can
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- finely chopped fresh coriander leaves - 4 tbsp
- Cooked white or brown basmati rice, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Spray a large frying pan with Low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
Add the shallots, garlic, celery, carrots and red pepper and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
Add the dried herbs, ground cumin, ground cinnamon, chilli powder, tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat, cover and allow to cook gently for 10-12 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the beans and cook for 2-3 minutes or until piping hot.
Season well, remove from the heat and sprinkle over the coriander.
Serve with cooked rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.